Note: this is a placeholder site which is currently being developed. The current text may not be yet fully correct and applicable.
This policy applies to the personal information that we collect and further process from all users of the website and subscribers to our newsletter and job applicants for one of DATACONTROLLER’s job offers.
Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information in order to:
- Operate, maintain and support the website.
- Store and process personal information in our CRM system.
- Use personal information to send you the DATACONTROLLER newsletter if you subscribed.
- Process your job application if you applied for one of our jobs.
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Any other reason with your consent to the disclosure or for which we provide you with the required notice.
What kind of information do we collect and for what purpose?
We collect the following information:
- Surfing on this website DATACONTROLLER gathers and automatically stores log file information on its own server, which your browser deposited with us while you were surfing.
The key data that we store may include:
- Type of browser/browser version
- Type of device used
- Number of Visits
- Average length of a visit
- Bounce rate
- Actions performed (e. g. clicking on elements or external links)
- Location / IP address
The data is saved automatically anonymized in Matomo. It is saved for a period of 13 months and will be automatically deleted after this period.
On our website, you have the option of getting in contact with us via a contact form. The information you impart via the contact form is usually:
- First name
- Last name
- Company’s location
The personal data imparted to us will be used exclusively for the purpose of processing your enquiry. Your data will be stored in our CRM system and will be deleted after processing your query.
If you subscribe to our Newsletter, we will use the following information to send periodic emails regarding products, services, general information about DATACONTROLLER as well as for marketing purposes if you subscribed to the specific list. Your data will be stored in our CRM system.
- First name
- Last name
What is the legal basis for our collection and further processing of your personal information?
We collect and process personal information from you:
- Where we have your consent according to Art. 6 Sec. 1 S. 1 lit. a) GDPR
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms according to Art. 6 Sec. 1 S. 1 lit f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest when processing the data listed in clause 4 includes the following purposes:
- Processing your enquiry you sent within the contact form
- Ensuring a seamless establishment of the connection
- Ensuring the comfortable use of our website
- Assessing the system security and stability
Our legitimate interests may include contacting you for information about transferring your data and operational processes of the website.
- Where the processing is necessary in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract according to Art. 6 Sec. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR. This includes assessing and processing your job application (administration of the recruitment process and evaluation of the application) and contacting you in this regard.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Online presence and website optimization
- Social Media links
- Based on Art. 6 Sec. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR, we place links the social networks Twitter and LinkedIn on our website, which lead to the DATACONTROLLER profiles of these social networks. The responsibility for the data protection compliant operation is to be guaranteed by each provider respectively.
- We do not control the collection or further processing of personal information related to your use of the DATACONTROLLER Website that may be undertaken by third parties like Twitter or LinkedIn through your use of the their login functions. We therefore strongly suggest that you review their privacy policies, terms of service and privacy controls. With this in mind:
- Links to and from external Websites
Our website uses only first party cookies when necessary to provide you with a service and/or a login.
- The use of these cookies takes place based on Art. 6 Sec. 1 S. 1 lit. f) of the GDPR. Our interest in optimizing is thereby to be seen as legitimate in the sense of the aforementioned regulation. In all other cases, we ask you for your consent, which allows us to set further cookies (analysis cookies, marketing cookies). No cookies are set (except required/essential cookies) without giving consent.
Further information can be found in our individual cookie Settings, where you can also change or withdraw your consent at any time. You can also change the cookie settings by clicking the footer link “Cookies” on our website.
We have configured Matomo to respect your “Do Not Track” choice so no analytic data will be acquired if you set that option.
Your data protection rights
- You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading at the end of this policy (Art. 16 and 17 GDPR).
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information (Art. 18 GDPR) or request portability of your personal information (Art. 20 GDPR). Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading at the end of this policy.
- You have the right to opt-out of our newsletter we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time (Art. 21 GDPR) by either using the tools provided on the platform or by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading at the end of this policy. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Who do we share your personal information with?
- The data collected by us will not be sold. We provide information that we obtain to third parties exclusively to the extent described in the following:
- Protection of DATACONTROLLER and third parties
We disclose personal data when we are legally obliged to do so, or when such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and those of third parties.
- Recipients outside of the EU
We do not forward your data to recipients with headquarters outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area.